Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The 2013 Bjerrum-Brønsted-Lang Lecture: quantum biochemistry and the rise of semiempirical methods and automation in quantum chemistry

2013.06.29 UPDATE: Here's a recording of my talk.  Some more details: I received the A. Tovborg Jensen Award from the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences.  Tovborg Jensen was a Danish chemist who brought crystallography, which he learned from Bragg himself, to Denmark. Upon his death he bequeathed a considerable sum of money to the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences to establish the award and associated lecture series names in honor of his colleagues Niels Bjerrum (he of the Bjerrum length), Johannes Brønsted (Brønsted acid/base theory) and Kaj Linderstrøm-Lang (who coined the terms primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary protein structure).



This afternoon I am giving the 2013 Bjerrum-Brønsted-Lang Lecture at the University of Copenhagen.  Here are my slides.  I plan to record the talk (using my iPhone) which I will post later.

No comments: